- Examine the psychological and behavioral aspects of threat assessment and management.
- Gain understanding in normal versus abnormal child and adolescent behaviors, identifying red-flags, why threats are made, and how threats can be managed along a pathway toward violence (both short and long-term) to ensure personnel safety.
- Review common problems in school threat assessment and propose solutions.
- Learn multidisciplinary threat assessment and management strategies and explore empirically based youth-violence risk and protective factors.
- Review assessment tools for use in the school system.
- Participate in simulated threat assessments and management with followup discussion (hotwash).