Part III - Chapter 13: Sanctions
If a recipient materially fails to comply with the terms and conditions of an award, including civil rights requirements, whether stated in a Federal statute, regulation, assurance, application, or notice of award, the awarding agency may take one or more actions, as appropriate in the circumstances. This authority also extends to the recipient agency.
- Temporarily withhold cash payments pending correction of the deficiency by the recipient;
- Disallow (that is, deny both use of funds and any applicable matching credit for) all or part of the cost of the activity or action not in compliance;
- Wholly or partly suspend or terminate the current award;
- Withhold further awards for the project, program or organization; and
- Take other remedies that may be legally available.