- Procurement Methods completed
- Request for Proposal completed
- Request for Personal Services
- Personal Services Contract not completed
- Suspension and Disbarment not completed
Step Lesson 3 of 5 Request for Personal Services
What Is A Request for Personal Services?
A Request for Personal Services involves asking for a consultant to complete certain work, like a study, project, task, or other work for an organization which are generally intellectually-based (not something physically produced). This is different from purchasing services for routine, repetitive, mechanical tasks which support day-to-day operations.
A Request for Personal Services may include the following:
- Project Description and Introduction
- Statement of Qualifications Requirements (SOQ)
- Draft Scoring Criteria
- Contractor's Draft Workplan
- Start and End Dates of the Contract
When contracting for personal services, getting a Statement of Qualifications, or SOQ, is the preferred method. Review the sample below for what a typical SOQ looks like. You may also download a copy of this to modify and use for your own organization.
This template is intended to be used as a model document only. This template may not be suitable for use in all situations. Please check with your board, tribal council, and legal counsel before adopting this template to request personal services.