The SMART Office was authorized by the Adam Walsh Child Protection and Safety Act of 2006 to:
- administer the standards for the Sex Offender Registration and Notification Program set forth in Title 1 of the Adam Walsh Act;
- administer grant programs relating to sex offender registration and notification authorized by the Adam Walsh Act and other grant programs authorized by the Adam Walsh Act as directed by the Attorney General;
- cooperate with and provide technical assistance to states, the District of Columbia, principle U.S. territories, units of local government, tribal governments, and other public and private entities involved in activities related to sex offender registration or notification or to other measures for the protection of children or other members of the public from sexual abuse or exploitation; and
- perform such other functions as the Attorney General may delegate.
To protect the public by supporting the national implementation of a comprehensive sex offender registration and notification system.
- Linda M. Baldwin, Director
- Dawn Doran, Deputy Director
- Faith Baker, Associate Director
- Scott Matson, Senior Policy Advisor
- Lori McPherson, Senior Policy Advisor
- Allison Turkel, Senior Policy Advisor
- Juli Ana Grant, Policy Advisor
- Samantha Opong, Program Specialist
- Debra J. Saunders, Administrative Officer