Office of Justice Programs processes Freedom of Information Act requests only for OJP. Please refer to the Department of Justice (DOJ) FOIA website for the appropriate DOJ component(s) that may maintain the type of documents you are seeking.
Information Required to Make a FOIA Request
There are no special forms required. However, for requesting first party records see: What are the requirements to get records on myself?
To make a FOIA request for:
OJP records –
- You may now submit a FOIA request online through OJP’s Public Access Link (PAL)
- Submit your request to: [email protected].
- Other DOJ components - Visit the DOJ Office of Information Policy website.
OJP provides innovative leadership to federal, state, local and tribal justice systems, by disseminating state-of-the art knowledge and practices across America and providing grants for the implementation of these crime-fighting strategies. OJP works in partnership with the justice community to identify the most pressing crime-related challenges confronting the justice system and provide information, training, coordination and innovative strategies and approaches for addressing these challenges. For more information on each OJP program office, please follow the links listed below:
- Bureau of Justice Assistance
- Bureau of Justice Statistics
- National Institute of Justice
- Office of Juvenile Justice and Delinquency Prevention
- Office for Victims of Crime
- Sex Offender Sentencing, Monitoring, Apprehending, Registering and Tracking Office
In addition, OJP maintains compliance information related to grants in the following offices:
- Office for Civil Rights
- Office of Audit, Assessment and Management
- Office of the Chief Financial Officer
- The OJP Library includes some frequently requested records, major information systems and staff manuals created by OJP on or after November 1, 1996.
OJP FOIA Contact
- Monica Potter-Johnson
Office of Justice Programs
Office of the General Counsel
Attention: FOIA Staff
810 7th Street, NW
Washington, DC 20531
Email: [email protected]
- FOIA Requester Service Center: 202-307-6235
FOIA Public Liaison: Chandria Slaughter, 202-307-6235
Privacy Impact Assessments
- Privacy Impact Assessment for the Grants Management System
- Privacy Impact Assessment for the Electronic System for Personnel
- Privacy Impact Assessment for Security Activities Reporting System
- Privacy Impact Assessment for Web-based Standard Form 269