This training is geared toward Tribal child-serving professionals and aims to enhance their knowledge of Tribal cultures and histories, and to encourage culturally affirming approaches for supporting Native youth and their families.
- Participants will understand the impact of racial and historical trauma on Tribal communities.
- Participants will realize the importance of identity development in healing from racial and historical trauma and practicing cultural humility.
- Participants will assess their own practice of cultural humility and learn strategies for working in and with Tribal communities.
- Veronica Willeto DeCrane, Training & Technical Assistance Manager, National Native Children's Trauma Center
- Lisa Stark, Training & Technical Assistance Specialist, National Native Children's Trauma Center