Through comprehensive and coordinated efforts at the federal, state, and local levels, OJP’s Office of Juvenile Justice and Delinquency Prevention (OJJDP) aims to reduce youth crime and violence. OJJDP supports prevention and early intervention programs that are making a difference for young people and their communities, and through research and programming works to strengthen the nation's juvenile justice system. Other OJP components, including the Bureau of Justice Assistance, the National Institute of Justice, and the Office for Victims of Crime, also provide programming and research support for outreach to juveniles and their families. Learn more below.
- See Current Funding Opportunities to learn about available funding from the OJP program offices related to this and other topics.
- Access the OJP Award Data page for details about grants awarded by OJP.
- Sign up for Funding News for weekly funding announcements and tips.
Programs & Initiatives
Following are examples of programs and initiatives from OJP and the OJP program offices related to this topic:
- AMBER Alert
- National Center for Missing and Exploited Children
- National Gang Center
- National Mentoring Resource Center
- OJJDP: Programs
See the OJJDP Model Programs Guide site for ratings of related programs.
Training & Technical Assistance
Visit the following site to learn about training and technical assistance services from and supported by OJP program offices:
Frequently Asked Questions
The following resources provide information about juvenile reentry/aftercare resources:
The Reentry section of the National Institute of Justice website and the Bureau of Justice Assistance-supported National Reentry Resource Center website capture a number of resources, articles, and more related to the reentry of individuals to their communities. Also visit the Corrections & Reentry section of the CrimeSolutions website for access to important research on the effectiveness of a variety of reentry programs and practices.
For information about juvenile reentry, see these resources from the Office of Juvenile Justice and Delinquency Prevention:
- Youth Reentry and Family Engagement
- Reentry Starts Here: A Guide for Youth in Long-Term Juvenile Corrections or Treatment Programs
- Model Programs Guide: Implementation Guide: Juvenile Reentry Programs
You can find additional information and resources in our Reentry Special Feature.
Information on juvenile aftercare programs in the Juvenile Reentry & Aftercare section of the Office of Juvenile Justice and Delinquency Prevention (OJJDP) Statistical Briefing Book. Also visit the Juvenile Aftercare section our site for additional resources.