This webinar will start to separate the myths from the facts about these barriers in order to develop a better understanding of the true scope and impact of employment-related collateral consequences in the health care sector.
- Provide an overview of the state and federal laws and policies that limit health care employment opportunities for people with criminal records;
- Discuss what health care employers are doing to expand opportunities for workers with criminal records and examine the impact those efforts have had on their workforce; and
- Present models for cooperation between reentry service providers and health care employers that are aimed at placing qualified workers with criminal records in stable jobs in the sector.
- Reginald Allen, Talent Acquisition Consultant, Mission-Based Programs, AMITA Health System
- Josh Gaines, Senior Policy Analyst, The Council of State Governments Justice Center
- Sofi Martinez, Social Science Analyst, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
- Sodiqa R. Williams, Esq., General Counsel and Vice President, External Affairs, Safer Foundation