This webinar will discuss Purpose Areas 8 and 9 of the FY 2022 Coordinated Tribal Assistance Solicitation (CTAS).
CTAS provides federally recognized tribes and tribal consortia an opportunity to apply for funding to aid in developing a comprehensive and coordinated approach to public safety and victimization.
The majority of DOJ’s existing tribal government-specific programs are included in and available through CTAS and are referred to as purpose areas (PA). Below is a list of the seven purpose areas and their components (note: PAs 5 and 7 are officially retired from CTAS):
- PA #1: Public Safety and Community Policing (COPS Office)
- PA #2: Comprehensive Tribal Justice Systems Strategic Planning (BJA, COPS Office, OJJDP, OVC)
- PA #3: Tribal Justice Systems Program (BJA)
- PA #4: Tribal Justice System Infrastructure Program (BJA)
- PA #6: Children’s Justice Act Partnerships for Indian Communities (OVC)
- PA #8: Juvenile Tribal Healing to Wellness Courts (OJJDP)
- PA #9: Tribal Youth Program (OJJDP)