Each year, the U.S. Department of Justice leads the nation in observing National Missing Children's Day. At 2 p.m. ET on May 24, 2023, the Department of Justice will live stream the 40th annual National Missing Children's Day ceremony honoring the heroic and exemplary efforts of agencies, organizations, and individuals to protect children.
The honorees will be recognized for their extraordinary efforts to find missing children, protect children from harm, and bring sexual predators to justice in the following award categories:
- Attorney General's Special Commendation
- Missing Children's Child Protection Award
- Missing Children's Law Enforcement Award
The ceremony will include:
- Attorney General Merrick B. Garland
- Associate Attorney General Vanita Gupta
- Office of Justice Programs Assistant Attorney General Amy L. Solomon
- OJJDP Administrator Liz Ryan
- National Center for Missing & Exploited Children President and CEO Michelle DeLaune
- Paul Jack Fronczak, Guest Speaker, Author and Advocate
View the live stream of the ceremony from 2-3 p.m. ET at https://justice.gov/live.