In partnership with the Bureau of Justice Assistance (BJA), The Council of State Governments (CSG) Justice Center worked with a group of 26 national experts to develop practical guidelines that advise criminal justice agencies on the use of post-conviction risk and needs assessment. The guidelines prioritize accuracy, fairness, and transparency in the communication and use of risk and needs assessment. The guidelines’ associated resources were developed with a variety of audiences in mind, including legislators, administrators, practitioners, and researchers.
This webinar will introduce the 13 guidelines, provide an overview of the suite of resources available, and announce new opportunities available for states to receive support with implementation of the guidelines.
- David A. D’Amora, Senior Policy Advisor, CSG Justice Center
- Dr. Sarah L. Desmarais, Ph.D., President, Policy Research Associates
- Charles Robinson, Deputy Chief, Probation and Pretrial Services Office Administrative Office of the United States Courts
- Dr. Heather Tubman-Carbone, Ph.D., Senior Policy Advisor, BJA
- Stevyn Fogg, Director, Governance & Strategic Initiatives, Correctional Leaders Association
- Veronica Ballard Cunningham, Executive Director/CEO, American Probation and Parole Association
- Anne L. Precythe, Director, Missouri Department of Corrections
- Lahiz P. Tavárez, Project Manager, CSG Justice Center