This webinar will showcase three 2021 Second Chance Act grantees and their connections to up-to-date infrastructure-oriented career and technical education and career pathways. The Vera Institute of Justice will host three grantees, including Building Futures in Rhode Island and its building trades pre-apprenticeship; Oregon Department of Corrections and its big machines mobile training lab; and the Oklahoma Department of Career and Technical Education and their job training centers and credential pathways in Certified Production Technician, Welding, and Commercial Driver's License.
- Joshua Steele, Regional Director, Skills Centers, Oklahoma Department of Career and Technology Education
- Tracie Hightower, Education Administrator, Oregon Department of Corrections
- Andrew Cortes, Founder and Executive Director, Building Futures
- Kayla James, Senior Program Associate, Vera Institute of Justice
- Jessica Wilcox, Bureau of Justice Assistance