- examine the psychological and behavioral aspects of threat assessment and management
- gain understanding in normal versus abnormal child and adolescent behaviors, identifying red-flags, why threats are made, and how threats can be managed along a pathway toward violence (both short and long-term) to ensure personnel safety
- review common problems in school threat assessment and propose solutions
- learn multidisciplinary threat assessment and management strategies and explore empirically based youth-violence risk and protective factors
- review assessment tools for use in the school system
- participate in simulated threat assessments and management with follow-up discussion (hotwash).