In this webinar, representatives from the Bureau of Justice Assistance (BJA) and The Council of State Governments (CSG) Justice Center will review the FY 2023 Justice and Mental Health Collaboration Program (JMHCP) application process.
This grant program provides an anticipated 27 awards in the amount of $550,000 each to city or township governments, county governments, federally recognized Native American Tribal governments, public and state-controlled institutions of higher education, state governments, and mental health agencies for a 36-month project. This project helps entities prepare, create, or expand comprehensive plans to implement collaboration programs for preliminarily qualified people who have come into contact with the criminal justice system and promote public safety and public health for people with mental health conditions and co-occurring mental health and substance use disorders.
- Maria Fryer, Program Analyst (Policy Advisor), BJA
- Nikisha Love, State Policy Advisor for JMHCP, BJA
- Tammy Lovill, State Policy Advisor for Substance Abuse and Mental Health, BJA
- Ernest Stevens, Deputy Division Direction, Behavioral Health, CSG Justice Center
- Demetrius Thomas, Deputy Program Director, Behavioral Health, CSG Justice Center
- Allison Upton, Deputy Program Director, Behavioral Health, CSG Justice Center
- Sarah Wurzburg, Deputy Division Director, Behavioral Health, CSG Justice Center