Learn about the roles of law enforcement, first responders, investigators, and child protective services when investigating the death of a child. Receive an overview of the important investigative tips and information related to the causes of death, and the duties and investigative needs of the medical examiner/coroner.
Upon completion of this training you will be able to:
- Define various causes of deaths
- Describe pediatric development as it relates to identification of possible cause of death
- Describe medical examiner expectations of investigators in the child death cases
- Define the roles of law enforcement and child protective services in child death investigations
- Describe legal requirements for investigators of child death investigations
Is This Training For You?
- Law Enforcement
- Social Workers
- Tribes/Tribal Partners
- Victim Service Providers