University of Alaska Fairbanks - CPC Police Academy
604 Barnette Street
Discover proven investigative strategies and acquire the requisite skills to investigate and manage unresolved homicides and long-term missing children and adult cases in Indian Country. Explore the roles and responsibilities of an unresolved case team when working these investigations. Gain insight into the dynamics of violent crime investigations, missing persons, homicides, and no-body homicide investigations. Understand how to identify services and resources in support of unresolved investigations.
This course will focus on the following topics:
- Unresolved Case Teams
- Case Selection, Organization and Management
- Violent Crime Investigations, Missing Persons, Homicides, and No Body Homicide Investigations Specific to Indian Country
- Unresolved Case Review and Analysis
- Resources to assist in Unresolved Case Investigations
Upon completion of this training, you will:
- Understand the roles and responsibilities of each unresolved case team member
- Discover the dynamics of violent crime investigations, missing persons, homicides, and no-body homicide investigations and the unique factors associated with the cases in tribal communities.
- Possess the requisite skills to investigate and manage complex unresolved missing child investigations
- Understand how to identify and access services and resources in support of your unresolved case investigations