The safety and wellness of officers depends on an agency's focused, quality training. This course combines technology, relevant content, and a live roundtable event to maximize training experience. This virtual training is a self-paced course offered over a two-week period that concludes with a live roundtable event.
This workshop is intended for law enforcement officers in a training capacity, formal or informal, who are interested in bringing VALOR concepts to their agencies. To attend this workshop, officers should have previously attended a VALOR Survive & Thrive® officer safety and wellness training within the last two years.
A certificate of attendance for 6 hours will be provided after attending the required live roundtable event on February 1, 2022.
This two-week course event:
- Teaches the VALOR framework and concepts for use in individual agencies.
- Identifies and explores available resources, suggested scenarios, discussion questions, and training videos available on the VALOR Program website.
- Engages participants through practical teach-back exercises. A hands-on approach to aid law enforcement professionals in the training of their fellow officers.
- OVC FY 2022 Measuring the Impact of Victim Services: Implementation, Management, and Sustainment of the Measures for Providers Responding to Victimization Experiences (iMPRoVE) Project Pre-Application Webinar
- FY 2022 Postconviction Testing of DNA Evidence
- JustGrants Virtual Q&A: Application Mechanics: Submitting an Application Training