Reports the number of persons on probation and parole, by State, at yearend 2002 and compares the totals with yearend 1995 and 2000. It lists the States with the largest and smallest parole and probation populations and the largest and smallest rates of community supervision, and identifies the States with the largest increases. This report also describes the race and gender of these populations and reports the percentages of parolees and probationers completing community supervision successfully, or failing because of a rule violation or a new offense.
- The adult probation population grew 1.6% in 2002, an increase of 63,434 probationers, about half the average annual growth of 3.1% since 1995.
- Overall, the Nation's parole population grew by 20,808 in 2002, or 2.8%, almost double the average annual growth of 1.5% since 1995.
- Policies and Procedures Manual for Monitoring Compliance With Core Requirements of the Formula Grants Program Authorized Under Title II, Part B of the Juvenile Justice and Delinquency Prevention Act
- Just Science Podcast: Just Literature on Stress & Resiliency in Forensic Science
- The Impact of Incarceration on the Desistance Process Among Individuals Who Chronically Engage in Criminal Activity (Executive Summary)