Presents the number of persons on probation and parole at yearend 2006, by State, and compares the national totals to counts for yearend 1995 and 2000 through 2005. The report provides State-level probation and parole supervision rates at yearend 2006 and the percentage change in each population during the year. It presents probation and parole entries and exits, by State, and it provides national and State-level data on parole revocations. The Bulletin also includes a national description of the race, gender, and offense composition of these populations. See also Probation in 2006: Appendix Tables and Parole in 2006: Appendix Tables.
- The number of adult men and women in the United States who were being supervised on probation or parole at the end of 2006 reached 5,035,225. In 2006 the combined probation and parole populations grew by 1.8% or 87,852 persons.
- More than 8 in 10 offenders under community supervision were on probation at yearend 2006. During 2006 the probation population grew by 1.7% which represented an increase of 70,266 probationers.
- At yearend 2006 a total of 798,202 adult men and women were on parole or mandatory conditional release following a prison term. The population grew by 17,586 parolees during the year or 2.3%.
- Prisons Report Series: Preliminary Data Release
- PROSPER Partnership Delivery System: Effects on Adolescent Conduct Problem Behavior Outcomes through 6.5 Years Past Baseline
- Expert Algorithm for Substance Identification (EASI) using Mass Spectrometry: Application to the Identification of Cocaine on Different Instruments using Binary Classification Models