The purpose of the FY19 IRI grant program is to provide states, local jurisdictions, and Indian tribes with the resources and training and technical assistance necessary to identify assets and gaps in their reentry systems and develop capacity and partnerships to provide services that prevent recidivism, reduce crime, and improve public safety in their jurisdictions.
BJA expects to make up to 15 awards of up to $1,000,000 each, including up to $75,000 for the initial 12-month planning period and up to $925,000 for the 24-month implementation period and 12-month evaluation period. Eligible applicants include:
- Category 1 - Units of state government agencies serving adults
- Category 2 - Units of county or local government agencies serving adults
- Category 3 - Units of federally recognized Indian tribes and Alaska Native tribes serving adults
- Provide an overview of the goals and objective of the IRI grant
- Discuss the components of a strong application
- Discuss common mistakes and lessons learned from previous applicants
- Discuss expectations and deliverables of each grantee
The solicitation associated with this webinar is accessible online at: www.bja.gov/funding/IRI19.pdf.