The Financial Management Virtual Seminar (FMVS) provides essential ﬁnancial and grants management training to assist grantees in effectively managing their federal award. Framed around the lifecycle of a grant (i.e., pre-award, post-award, and closeout), the series will deliver four live virtual sessions focused on priority topics on ﬁnancial and grants management. Each session will include two brief presentations followed by a learning activity or break-out discussion. Attendees will also have access to supplemental learning materials to enhance learning, such as videos, guide sheets, job aid checklists, case scenarios, and knowledge checks. This blended approach will ensure that learning is engaging, interactive, and impactful.
October 10, 17, 24, 31 and November 7, 2023
A variety of financial and grants management topics will be covered in the FMVS. Each of the live virtual sessions will be led by a subject-matter expert sharing best practices on priority topics, such as internal controls, supplanting, indirect costs, conference costs, financial requirements, and audit requirements. For a full schedule of topics, please review the FMVS At-A-Glance Table, below.
The FMVS is a partnership between OJP’s Office of the Chief Financial Officer, and OJP Territories Financial Support Center (TFSC). OJP TFSC provides training, technical assistance, and resources to enhance financial management capacity for grantees in U.S. territories to improve financial management of federal awards. At any point during or after the FMVS, grantees can access OJP TFSC for ongoing technical assistance support. For more information, please visit the OJP TFSC website or email [email protected].
FMVS is designed for OJP grantees from the US Territories. If you are a grantee from Puerto Rico, US Virgin Islands, Guam, Northern Mariana Islands, or American Samoa and receiving OJP funding, you are invited to register for this unique training opportunity. Space is limited to 30 participants. Registrants will be placed on a waitlist upon reaching maximum capacity.
The FMVS consist of six live virtual sessions; most sessions will be 1 hour and 30 minutes in duration (Session 1 and Session 5 will be 1 hour and 45 minutes). Attendees will be encouraged to access learning materials prior to the live session. The FMVS is designed to replicate the on-site training, which lasts about 15 hours, and will require approximately the same amount of time.
Yes. Upon successful completion of the FMVS, attendees will receive a certification that fulfills the condition of their grant award. After each of the six sessions, attendees will take a knowledge check quiz and will need a passing score of 70% for successful completion. At the conclusion of the FMVS, attendees will also complete an evaluation survey to provide their feedback.
You can register now for the OJP FMVS by clicking on the link below. Once registered you’ll receive a unique link to join every Live Session on the scheduled day and time. You will also have the opportunity save the dates and times for all five sessions on your calendar.
- BJA Funding Webinars
- DOJ Grants Financial Guide (2017)
- DOJ Grants Financial Guide
- DOJ Grants Financial Management Online Training
- FFATA Subaward Reporting Webinar (Webcast 17:29 minutes)
- Grants 101
- JustGrants Training Resources
- OJP Conference Cost Reporting Policy and Guidance
- OJP Financial Management Training Seminars
- OJP Financial Management Training Webinars
- OJP Grant Process
- OVC Funding Webinars
- Subawards and Procurement Contracts
- Territories Financial Support Center (TFSC)
- Tribal Financial Management Center (TFMC)
- Subrecipient Monitoring to Pass-through Entities Oversight Responsibilities For Subrecipients Webinar Recording
- Subrecipient Monitoring to Pass-through Entities Oversight Responsibilities For Subrecipients Webinar PowerPoint (Powerpoint Size: 9721 KB)
- Pass-through Entity’s Responsibilities Checklist (PDF Size: 167.94 KB)
- Subrecipient Financial Monitoring - Site Visit Review Items for Consideration (PDF Size: 113.85 KB)
- Sample Subrecipient Monitoring Risk Assessment Tool (PDF Size: 159.12 KB)
- Sample Subrecipient Monitoring Checklist (PDF Size: 171.71 KB)