Reports on a recurring census conducted for the Law Enforcement Management and Administrative Statistics (LEMAS) program that provides the number of employees of State and local law enforcement agencies. This BJS Bulletin presents State-by-State data for sheriffs' departments, local police, State police, and special police as of June 2000.
- As of June 2000, nearly 18,000 State and local agencies employed the equivalent of at least 1 full-time sworn officer with general arrest powers.
- State and local agencies had 708,022 full-time sworn personnel and 311,474 full-time civilian employees in 2000.
- In 2000, State and local agencies employed more than 425,000 uniformed officers whose regularly assigned duties included responding to calls for service.
- How Important is Developmental Maturity in Assessing Whether Adolescents Will Share True or False Accounts of a First Offense in Legal Interactions?
- Microbial ecology of vertebrate decomposition in terrestrial ecosystems
- Evaluation of missing data imputation methods for human osteometric measurements