Body Armor Resources
- National Institute of Justice (NIJ) Science and Technology Body Armor Page
NIJ and its National Law Enforcement and Corrections Technology Center (NLECTC) administer a voluntary compliance testing program to assess whether models of ballistic- and stab-resistant body armor comply with NIJ Standards.
- Office of Justice Programs, Office of Communications
Office of Communications (OCOM) is a key point of contact for the Office of Justice Programs (OJP).
- NLECTC Equipment Testing Program
The National Law Enforcement and Corrections Technology Center administers NIJ's standards-based testing and comparative evaluation programs. The NLECTC Body Armor database contains all models of ballistic- and stab-resistant armor that comply with NIJ standards.
A joint BJA/NIJ website dedicated to vest fit, care, data, standards and updates.
- NIJ Personal Armor Fit Assessment
- NIJ/ASTM Standards Portal
- NIJ Body Armor Basics
For immediate assistance, please call us toll-free at 1-877-758-3787. You may also reach us by email at [email protected]