In completing the Complaint Verification Form, be as specific as possible. If possible, include the following:
- Date(s) and time(s) of the discrimination;
- Name(s) and contact information of the alleged discriminatory actor(s);
- Name(s) and contact information of witness(es) to the discrimination;
- Name(s) and contact information of similarly situated individuals of a different race, sex, or other protected class who received preferential treatment;
- Records or other documentary evidence; and
- A detailed accounting of the discrimination in the order in which it took place.
If, after investigating, OCR finds that the recipient of Justice Department funding engaged in unlawful discrimination, it will work to bring the recipient into compliance. If necessary, OCR may seek the suspension or termination of the Justice Department's financial assistance.