New and experienced law enforcement, child protective services, prosecutors and other child-serving professionals will learn the latest investigative methods for unexplained child death cases.
Upon completion of this training, you will be able to :
- Define various causes of child deaths
- Identify potential response situations and scene protection issues
- Describe investigative equipment and resources needed for quality child death investigations
- List physical and emotional pediatric development
- Describe medical examiner roles and responsibilities
- Identify investigator steps in evidence identification, collection and documentation
- Discuss legal issues related to investigation of unexplained child deaths and prosecution of criminal cases of child fatality
The deadline for registration is Friday, November 4, 2022.