SAM.gov Entity Validation Update
GSA implemented a new process to validate an entity’s legal business name and physical address when requesting a Unique Entity Identifier (UEI) and for completing a SAM.gov entity registration. Due to a high volume of requests, entity validations are taking longer than expected to process. This validation process is now taking 7-10 business days, and in some cases longer.
OJP strongly recommends starting your SAM.gov registration process as soon as possible to allow the time necessary to process entity validations well in advance of the Grants.gov due date posted in the solicitation. Read this FAQ for more information.
Once you find a funding opportunity your organization is eligible for, you are ready to begin the application process. Grants 101 provides an overview, then walks you through the entire application process, including writing the application and receiving notifications from OJP.
Need help applying?
- OJP Grant Application Resource Guide
- Justice Grants Application Submission Training
- DOJ Application Submission Checklist (February 15, 2022)
- Application Mechanics: Submitting an Application Webinar Recording
- OJP Grants Overview
- Project Abstract Template
- Standard Forms and Instructions
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Entering Match Amount in a Budget (May 12, 2021)
Financial and Grant Reporting Resources
- DOJ Grants Financial Guide
- OJP Financial Guide
- Indirect Costs Guidance
- FFATA Subaward Reporting Webcast
- OMB Circulars: Federal Financial Management Documents
- Grant Performance Measurement and Progress Reporting Information