The Association of Forensic DNA Analysts and Administrators (AFDAA), RTI International, and NIJ's Forensic Technology Center of Excellence (FTCoE) are partnering to host this year's AFDAA summer meeting.
This virtual conference will allow the continued dissemination of research and exchange of ideas among forensic DNA scientists despite an ongoing pandemic.
Some of the virtual conference topics include:
- Forensic Grant Funding Opportunities from the Bureau of Justice Assistance
- Forensic Technology Center of Excellence Update
- National Institute of Justice Update
- The Phantom Menace: Mitogenome Analysis and Interpretation
- Development of Entire Mitogenome Reference Data Using an Automated High Throughput Sequencing Workflow
- Interesting Cases/Sexual Assault Kit Initiative (SAKI) Update
- Texas CODIS Update
- Texas Track-Kit Update
- Cold Case Story
- Extracting Better Outcomes from Forensic Samples - Making Your Life Easier with Next-Generation Sequencing
- HFSC Evaluation and Comparison of Rapid DNA Analysis and Direct Amplification
- Optimization of InnoXtract™ for DNA Extraction from Skeletal
- Evaluation of the ForenSeq MainstAY Kit with Challenging Samples
- Validation of the Applied Biosystems™ PrepFiler™ BTA and PrepFiler™ Automated Forensic DNA Extraction Kits on the ID NIMBUS® Presto System
For questions concerning the virtual conference's content, email [email protected].