This webinar will review a few examples of how one might approach the naming of a newly discovered novel psychoactive substance and what resources are available to assist in this process.
Detailed Learning Objectives
- Understand the complex NPS landscape and its various classes and sub-classes.
- Examine various naming conventions and the challenges associated with working under multiple conventions within each sub-class.
- Be able to develop a strategy for implementing naming conventions in practice.
- Donna M. Iula, PhD - Vice President of Forensic Chemistry at Cayman Chemical
- Alex J. Krotulski, PhD - Associate Director at CFSRE
Sponsor(s) / Host(s)
National Institute of Justice (NIJ), U.S. Department of Justice; Forensic Technology Center of Excellence
Forensic Technology Center of Excellence customer support
Date Created: June 25, 2021