The Office for Victims of Crime (OVC) is committed to enhancing the Nation’s capacity to assist crime victims and to providing leadership in changing attitudes, policies, and practices to promote justice and healing for all victims of crime.
Visit the OVC website to learn more about OVC.
OVC's main undertaking is to improve the Nation’s ability to help victims of crime and to be a leader in transforming attitudes, policies, and practices that encourage justice and healing for victims. There are five divisions of the OVC which administer particular areas. They are:
- Federal Assistance Division
- Program Development and Dissemination Division
- State Compensation and Assistance Division
- Training and Information Dissemination Division
- Terrorism and International Victim Assistance Services Division.
Main Line: 202-307-5983