- Examine the psychological and behavioral aspects of threat assessment and management.
- Gain understanding in normal versus abnormal child and adolescent behaviors, identifying red-flags, why threats are made, and how threats can be managed along a pathway toward violence (both short and long-term) to ensure personnel safety.
- Review common problems in school threat assessment and propose solutions.
- Learn multidisciplinary threat assessment and management strategies and explore empirically based youth-violence risk and protective factors.
- Review assessment tools for use in the school system.
- Participate in simulated threat assessments and management with followup discussion (hotwash).
Upon completion of this training, participants will be able to:
- Implement a multidisciplinary threat assessment and management plan
- Identify normal versus abnormal childhood behavior and the nuances related to increasing threat
- Determine accurate youth violence risk and protective factors
- Diagnose problems within your own threat assessment and management protocols
- Leverage new assessment tools within the school system